EXPLORE THE HISTORY OF BOSTON, THE MAYFLOWER PILGRIMS AND LINCOLNSHIRE’S GREATEST MONK!
A fascinating local history ‘day out’ by coach with guided tours
DATE: Saturday 7th July: pick up Worksop (09:00) and Retford (09:20)
- Guided tour of ‘Boston Stump’ – one of England’s great parish churches and home of John Cotton, one of America’s greatest 17th Century Church leaders
- See the home of John Foxe, author of Tudor England’s best-selling book
- Visit the cells in which the ‘Mayflower’ Pilgrims were imprisoned after their first escape attempt
- Visit extraordinary Sempringham – home of St Gilbert and England’s only monastic order, where puritan leaders plotted the ‘Great Migration’ in 1629
- PRICE INCLUDES morning coffee and cake, light lunch, and admissions
- BOOKING INFORMATION: The all-inclusive price is £32.50 but we are offering an ‘early bird’ rate of £30 for bookings by 1st May.
- Book by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), by phone to Maggy on 07724 848958, or to P & P c/o The Well, Hospital Road, Retford including a cheque to Pilgrims & Prophets Christian Heritage Tours and your contact details.