Find out more about what to see and do in Bassetlaw…
If you already live here, we’ve put together a few ideas to help you explore. If you don’t, then come and visit us!
Join in the Pilgrim Roots visitor experience in Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire, as part of the national Mayflower 400 Trail.
If you want to share your ideas about places to go, places to stay, where you can eat, and stories you think we should tell, then please email us.
For advice on travel and transport, the following sites may be useful:
- Scenic Rail Britain
- Mayflower 400 UK – Visit
- Discover Gainsborough – Visit
- Pilgrim Roots – Visit
- BCH’s tour partner Pilgrims & Prophets
If you’re interested in finding out the best way to visit the ‘Pilgrim Churches’ – in Scrooby, Retford’s St Swithun’s, Babworth, Austerfield, Sturton le Steeple and Gainsborough’s John Robinson Memorial Church – get in touch with the Pilgrim Roots project who can:
- arrange access to the churches
- advise on opening times
- tell you about upcoming events
- help groups arrange a visit
- manage bookings from commercial/travel trade organisations