A FASCINATING LOCAL HISTORY ‘DAY OUT’
BY COACH WITH GUIDED TOURS
Saturday 6th April: pick up at Retford (09:00) and Worksop (09:15)
- Guided tour of the huge Chesterfield parish church – one of England’s most iconic churches
- Optional tour of the famous twisted spire (extra £6)
- Visit the crypt at Bolsover’s historic church and learn about its memorials to the famous Cavendish family
- Historic Cuckney church and castle site, and hear about the death in battle of Saint Edwin, our first Christian king in the region
PRICE INCLUDES light lunch with tea/coffee
The all-inclusive price is £26.00 but we are offering an ‘early bird’ rate of £25 for bookings by 1st March.
Book by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by phoning Maggy on 07724 848958, or post to P & P c/o The Well, Hospital Road, Retford including a cheque to Pilgrims & Prophets Christian Heritage Tours and your contact details.
When booking please indicate if you are interested in CLIMBING THE TOWER and include an extra £6.
Coming up: The next tour by Pilgrims & Prophets will be a fascinating day out to a stately home with a coach trip and guided tours.
Bookings are now being taken for P&P’s next trip, to Grimsthorpe Castle in September. Details include:
- Date: Thursday 27th Septmber 2018
- Coach picks up at Worksop (09:00), Retford (09:20) and Tuxford
- Guided tour of Grimsthorpe Castle – a beautiful Tudor mansion
- See all the State rooms in their splendour
- Learn about Catherine, Duchess of Suffolk and her exciting life as a religious rebel
- Explore the wonderful gardens
- Enjoy a stop at Corby Glen’s Grade I church – and meet the Devil
PRICE INCLUDES morning coffee and biscuits, lunch, and admissions to house/gardens
- All-inclusive price – £37
- ‘Early bird’ rate – £35 for bookings by 1st August 2018
- Book by email – email@example.com, by phone to Maggy on 07724 848958, or to P & P c/o The Well, Hospital Road, Retford including a cheque to Pilgrims & Prophets Christian Heritage Tours and your contact details.
EXPLORE THE HISTORY OF BOSTON, THE MAYFLOWER PILGRIMS AND LINCOLNSHIRE’S GREATEST MONK!
A fascinating local history ‘day out’ by coach with guided tours
DATE: Saturday 7th July: pick up Worksop (09:00) and Retford (09:20)
- Guided tour of ‘Boston Stump’ – one of England’s great parish churches and home of John Cotton, one of America’s greatest 17th Century Church leaders
- See the home of John Foxe, author of Tudor England’s best-selling book
- Visit the cells in which the ‘Mayflower’ Pilgrims were imprisoned after their first escape attempt
- Visit extraordinary Sempringham – home of St Gilbert and England’s only monastic order, where puritan leaders plotted the ‘Great Migration’ in 1629
- PRICE INCLUDES morning coffee and cake, light lunch, and admissions
- BOOKING INFORMATION: The all-inclusive price is £32.50 but we are offering an ‘early bird’ rate of £30 for bookings by 1st May.
- Book by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), by phone to Maggy on 07724 848958, or to P & P c/o The Well, Hospital Road, Retford including a cheque to Pilgrims & Prophets Christian Heritage Tours and your contact details.